Application of CBD by Veterans for Treating Their PTSD
If a person experiences a traumatic situation or accident then it will make an emotional impact on his mind and it will remain much longer even after the incident may have passed.
This condition is called as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or commonly known as PTSD, which is a type of psychiatric condition that is suffered by many people after experiencing trauma.
It has been recently noticed that this kind of PTSD is affecting in the military service too where veterans are suffering from such syndrome.
PTSD in fact can occur with any kind of people of any kind of ethnicity, culture and nationality at any age. Military veterans are not the only an exception. The data received so far tells that estimated 3.5% among the adults in the USA are suffering from PTSD.
The military service is the area where these people will be more likely to encounter different kinds of trauma, and hence there are growing number of veterans are reported to be suffering from PTSD.
Since CBD products are getting more and more popularity in the treatment of various kinds of ailments, it can be a good idea to try CBD to find treatment for PTSD conditions of the veterans. On the website https://justcbdstore.com/ there are all kinds of genuine CBD items available for purchase.
What is PTSD?
PTSD is a sort of mental health condition that can be caused by witnessing or experiencing certain terrifying event. The trauma faced may generally disappear after certain time but for few this remains in their mind for very long time. Following are few symptoms observed under PTSD condition.
- The patient frequently gets exposed to threat, death, injury, violence, etc.
- These feelings about those circumstances comes via nightmares, memories, flashback, etc.
- People try intentional avoidance of such trauma-related thoughts or feelings.
- Exaggerated blame, negative thoughts, isolation, and difficulty in recalling features of trauma.
- Patient tend to become aggressive, irritable and risky and display hyper-vigilant behavior and moods.
- Symptoms may last for minimum 1 month or longer.
- Symptoms may also cause work or social-related issues.
- These symptoms may not be because of medications, substance abuse, or any other involved illnesses.
What are the various treatments?
Before treating PTSD condition, it is more important to do proper diagnosis. Following are few treatments that can be offered to patients:
Psychotherapy is the primary treatment for PTSD condition along with proper medication too. Depending upon the condition of the patient, combination of treatments is offered.
Patients are given instruction about how to cope with the situation when any symptoms arise. Few different psychotherapeutic methods are also employed to treat PTSD like:
- Exposure Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
As far as medication is concerned, few traditional antidepressants medications are given to treat symptoms of depression and anxiety. This medication can help to treat sleep problems too. Few anti-anxiety drugs can reduce stress.
Research has shown, CBD has therapeutic potential for treating PTSD. Many patients have reported positive results with the application of CBD and helped them to get rid of anxiety, stress and sleep problem.